Institute for Rowing Leadership
The Institute for Rowing Leadership (IRL) is coaching education at CRI. Underpinned at the foundation by the principles in the intensive one-year ACRL fellowship program, the IRL takes a holistic approach to coaching education with multiple additional opportunities for coaches of all levels to learn and improve throughout their coaching career using a reflective practice-based approach.
- Advanced Certificate in Rowing Leadership (ACRL) — An intensive one-year, graduate-level fellowship program designed to equip future leaders of our sport with deep knowledge and professional skills as part of a cohort learning together in the classroom and applying their knowledge daily on the water.
- The 'What Works' Summit Coaching Conference — An annual coaching conference held the Friday and Saturday preceding CRASH-B's with a tightly focused theme designed to send coaches back to their team with directly implementable takeaways to have an immediate positive effect.
- Monthly Coaching Education Series — A series of topical lectures and discussions on aspects of the rowing stroke, training, and coaching open to all greater Boston-area coaches and rowers held on the third Tuesday night of every month from September to May.
- One Day Leadership Workshop — Based on the belief that Leadership + Culture = Success, this one day workshop is focused specifically on coaches learning about themselves as a leader and leveraging their leadership philosophies into creating a leadership development paradigm for athletes.
- CRI Coach Certification — At the heart of great coaching is the athlete experience and CRI Coach Certification (CCC) teaches coaches the skills needed to ensure a positive experience for all levels of athletes and opens the door to the habit of continuous learning exhibited by great coaches.
- Certificate in Community Building for Rowing (CCBR) — An immersive 21-day leadership program designed specifically for coaches and teachers working in developing the sport of rowing at a grassroots level using the same principles proven effective at CRI and in the ACRL program.
• FOLLOW YOUR PASSION • GAIN THE KNOWLEDGE • LEARN BY DOING •