Institute for Rowing Leadership
The Institute for Rowing Leadership (IRL) is coaching education at CRI. Underpinned at the foundation by the principles in the intensive one-year ACRL fellowship program, the IRL takes a holistic approach to coaching education with multiple opportunities for coaches of all levels to learn and improve throughout their coaching career using a reflective practice-based approach.
- Advanced Certificate in Rowing Leadership (ACRL) — An intensive one-year, graduate-level fellowship program designed to equip future leaders with deep knowledge and professional skills as part of a cohort learning together in the classroom and applying their knowledge daily on the water.
- The Rowing Network — A platform, developed in partnership with Rowing Australia, offers online coaching education courses developed specifically for coaches to have access to knowledge from their desktop anytime it suits them in their pursuit of continuing education.
- CRI Coach Certification — At the heart of great coaching is the athlete experience and CRI Coach Certification (CCC) teaches coaches the skills needed to ensure a positive experience for all levels of athletes and opens the door to the habit of continuous learning exhibited by great coaches.
- The 'What Works' Summit Coaching Conference — An annual coaching conference, held on the first Saturday/Sunday in February, each year has a tightly focused theme designed to send coaches back to their team ignited with directly implementable takeaways for their team.
- One Day Workshops — Getting hands on in a small group and wrapping your arms around a specific topic is an essential way to learn by doing. Periodic one day workshops with subject matter experts provide an opportunity to learn from the best and tap into deep knowledge.
- Certificate in Community Building for Rowing (CCBR) — An immersive 21-day leadership program designed specifically for coaches and teachers working in developing the sport of rowing at a grassroots level using the same principles proven effective at CRI and in the ACRL program.
• FOLLOW YOUR PASSION • GAIN THE KNOWLEDGE • LEARN BY DOING •
The Institute for Rowing Leadership is accredited at the highest level (Level 5) offered by NCACE and is the only accredited US coaching education program in rowing ever.