IRL/Advanced Certificate in Rowing Leadership
The Advanced Certificate in Rowing Leadership is an intensive one-year coaching education program designed to give IRL fellows the necessary theoretical framework and experiential learning opportunities to achieve the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of a master rowing coach.
The curriculum is a multi-disciplinary approach to coaching education with four major tenets of learning: three academic content streams as well as a practical application of these skills in a real world environment.
- Coaching Methods - An exploration of pedagogy and the science of teaching with content focused on the communication tools necessary to be an extraordinary coach.
- Sports Science - A comprehensive review of the science and application of physiology and sport psychology with content specifically focused on the athletic development of rowers.
- Rowing Administration - Fellows will learn a detailed understanding of the off-the-water responsibilities critical to be a successful coach.
- Coaching Practicum - A structured internship, which includes mentoring and on-water coaching experiences to implement classroom strategies in real time.
• FOLLOW YOUR PASSION •
• MAKE COACHING YOUR PROFESSION •
To learn more about the program, click below:
Class of 2018 Application Deadline Details
Priority Application Deadline - January 3, 2017 (Admission decisions will be made by January 17, 2017)
International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by the Priority Deadline.
Final Application Deadline - March 13, 2017 (Admission decisions will be made by March 27, 2017)
The first day of Class for the 2018 IRL fellows is Monday, July 3, 2017 with orientation beginning a week prior on Monday June 26, 2017.
If you have questions about the program or application process, please e-mail IRL@communityrowing.org
Find out the latest happenings with the IRL and in coaching education by following @IRLatCRI on Twitter.
To learn more about other opportunities in coaching education at the IRL, click below:
The Institute for Rowing Leadership and USRowing are official partners in coaching education.
The Institute for Rowing Leadership at Community Rowing, Inc. seeks to inspire, instruct, and equip current and future coaches to achieve excellence in the sport of rowing and in life.
Community Rowing, Inc. is a member organization of the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE). The Advanced Certificate in Rowing Leadership is part of the NCACE Registry, the national directory of coaching education programs, and has submitted an application seeking Level 5 accreditation.