IRL/One Day Workshops
Para Coaching Practical Workshop
Want to get para rowers on the water, but don't know how to do it? Have a small group of para rowers, but don't know all the ways to give them a great experience?
Come and join us for a day of practical learning that will cover all the procedures for bringing in new rowers and the particulars of coaching and the equipment used to get para athletes on the water.
In this clinic, limited to only 8 participants, the schedule for the day is:
- 6:30-6:45AM - Arrival at CRI
- 7:00-9:00AM - Ridealong with Coach and observe High Performance Para Rowers on water
- 9:00-9:30AM - Meet with CRI Intake Specialist and receive documents to take home
- Review quick checklist forms for interested para rowers
- Review physical and behavioral guidelines for athletes
- Review full intake form and process for new rowers
- 9:30-10:30AM - Q&A Session with CRI Coaches on the practical elements of coaching Para Rowers on the water
- 10:30AM-Noon - Ridealong with Coach and observe Recreational/Military Para Rowers on water
- Noon-12:30PM - Lunch (included)
- 12:30-1:30PM - Q&A session with CRI Director of Outreach Ellen Minzner
Come ready to learn by doing and get your questions answered about working with para rowers of all abilities!
Friday, June 15th from 6:30AM-1:30PM
Register before 5/1/18 for $150 and after for $175 (includes lunch)
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous workshops have included:
- November 2017: Rigging expert Dr. Mike Davenport took a deep-dive into effective ways to measure and adjust equipment in an intensive, one day hands-on rigging and rowing equipment clinic. The rigging clinic was designed for coaches who wanted an easier life and wanted to stack the speed cards in their favor using the format of “teach, do, feedback.”
- June 2017: Based on the belief that Leadership + Culture = Success, the one day Leadership workshop with Jen Baker for collegiate head and assistant coaches focused specifically on coaches learning about themselves as a leader and leveraging their leadership philosophies into creating a leadership development paradigm for athletes.