2018 Comp Youth Summer/Henley Performance
Rowers who wish to train for and compete at the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta for CRI are encouraged to indicate their interest in this program on the Summer Nationals application. It runs from July 17 to August 13. High performance athletes will be selected for this team based off of Nationals Development Team applications and subsequent performance in the program. There may be a few additions of competitive rowers from outside of the Nationals Development Team.
Highly competitive environment that brings athletes from around the US together to train as a team for the USRowing Club National Championships.
The fundamental belief at CRI is that championship-level results are achieved through a championship-level process.
Participants are pushed not only to develop skill and fitness, but overall athletic maturity.
DATES OF PROGRAM - JULY 17 TO AUGUST 13.
Athletes will travel together as a team to Canadian Henley (St. Catharines, ON) August 6-13. Athletes can expect departure times on the 6th to be in the AM, arrival times on the 13th are subject to change but will likely be in the evening.
Monday, July 16: Move-in Day.
Tuesday, July 17: First Day of Practice
Monday, August 6: Team departs for Canadian Henley
Monday, August 13: Team returns from Canadian Henley in the morning (generally before 12pm)
- Local athletes are expected to be picked up from CRI.
- Athletes in camp housing should plan flight/transportation departures for no later than Noon on Tuesday, August 14.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 8:30-11am / 2-4:30pm
Wednesday, Saturday - 8:30-11am
COST FOR HENLEY PERFORMANCE:
Program costs include coaching, travel, apparel, and facility costs. Note that financial assistance is available to any family requesting it. Financial assistance is processed at the time when the applicant is accepted and registers for the program. The cost of the program is $2,100.
Financial Aid Information:
- Financial assistance is available at the time when the applicant has been accepted, confirmed and is then sent a registration email by CRI.
- Requests for financial assistance are not a determining factor for any athlete’s registration by CRI.
- For additional questions, please reach Nonna Giunta, Director of Programs - email@example.com
HOUSING is offered separately for this program.