2018 Comp Youth Summer/Summer Nationals
LONG-TERM DEVELOPMENT IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
APPLICATION and registration links
- Highly competitive environment that brings athletes from around the US together to train as a team for the USRowing Club National Championships.
- The fundamental belief at CRI is that championship-level results are achieved through a championship-level process.
- Participants are pushed not only to develop skill and fitness, but overall athletic maturity.
- To APPLY for the Program
Saturday, June 16th: Move-in Day.
Monday, June 18. First Day of Practice. Athletes not attending school, will be expected to attend both the morning and evening practices. Athletes still in school will be expected to attend the evening session. AM practices: 8:30am to 11:0am; No afternoon practice. Evening practice: 4:00pm to 6:30pm. The following weeks practice schedule 8:30am to 11:00am and 2:00pm to 4:30pm.
Tuesday, July 3: AM practice ONLY for all squads. PM off!
Wednesday July 4: No Practice.
Thursday July 5: Both AM and PM practices will be held!
Monday, July 9: Team departs for Club Nationals, Cherry Hill, NJ
Sunday, July 15: Team returns from Club Nationals. Approximately 11pm
- Local athletes are expected to be picked up from CRI.
- Athletes in camp housing should plan flight/transportation departures for Monday, July 7/16/18
- Athletes continuing on to the Henley Performance will be returned to Lasell College Housing
IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE THRESHOLDS
- U19 Women: 7:50 and under
- U17 Women: 8:20 and under
- U19 Men: 6:50 and under
- U17 Men: 7:10 and under
If you are close to these thresholds or have experienced extenuating circumstances, please feel free to reach the primary coach of the respective program to which you are applying. The program is not available for U23 athletes (anyone turning 19 in the 2018 calendar year is ineligible for U19 competition).
FOR U23 INFORMATION, please reach Ted Benford at Ted@communityrowing.org.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 8:30-11am / 2-4:30pm
Wednesday, Saturday - 8:30-11am
GEAR: Each rower will receive a CRI racing tank, long sleeve shirt, and a team racing hat. Rowers will need to acquire a comfortable black pair of spandex as part of their racing uniform.
KEY CRI STAFF SUPPORTING THE 2018 CYS PROGRAM
Throughout the year we are fortunate to a few people, Beatrice, Tara, and Nonna, who do an excellent job helping to manage our team logistics. Below, you’ll find a list of areas they can help you in if questions should arise. Please do your best to speak to the correct person for each area.Tr
Beatrice Sims - Travel and Equipment Manager Please contact Beatrice for questions about the following…
Bus travel/travel for overnight regattas
Hotel for overnight regattas
Group catered meals on overnight regattas
Allergy/special diet concerns (note: on both lists)
Tara Coleran - Controller (Accounts)
Dues / payments
Registration questions and process.
COST FOR THE PROGRAM
The program costs vary for rowers who currently row at CRI for the 2018 spring season and those who are not currently enrolled in the program. Program costs include coaching, travel, apparel, and facility costs.
2018 CRI Rowers
Before March 15: $3,750
After March 15: $3,950
Before March 15th: $4,750
After March 15th: $4,950
HOUSING is offered separately for this program. Athletes from out of town must register for both the program of their choice and housing. Please note there is no financial assistance available for housing.
Financial Aid Information:
- Financial assistance is available at the time when the applicant has been accepted, admitted and is then sent a registration email by CRI.
- Requests for financial assistance are not a determining factor for any athlete’s registration by CRI.
- For additional questions, please reach Nonna Giunta, Director of Programs - email@example.com