IRL/CRI Coach Certification
At the heart of great coaching is the athlete experience
Most coaches have the rowing knowledge to be a great coach, but we have found that additional training in other skills creates a safer, more successful experience. CRI Coach Certification (CCC) teaches coaches these skills, and opens the door to the habit of continuous learning exhibited by great coaches. CCC is 40 hours of training including online, classroom and hands-on modules. CCC is taught by a range of experienced CRI coaches and staff at who act as resources for coaches as they continue their coaching career.
All coaches at CRI complete the CCC training.
Examples of CCC Modules:
- Safety - USOC SafeSport, BoatUS Safety Certification, USRowing safety guidelines, Launch driving 101, CRI’s Athlete Protection Policy, Charles River Safety and two hour guided tour of the entire river
- Communication Skills - Communication with athletes, parents, youth, and other coaches, setting expectations, professionalism and what to avoid
- Mission - How to establish a caring, positive, and supportive environment where all athletes succeed
- Head Coach/Assistant Coach Roles - 10 specific skills/qualities that help working relationships between Head and Assistant Coaches
- Organization Skills - Creating a effective, flexible format for planning
- Teaching - Novice coxswains, Proper boat handling, Using the barge, Using drills, Work-life balance, Managing your career and more
Non-CRI coaches interested in learning more about the CCC training and how we can customize it to fit their school/club should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.