Programs/Comp Youth Summer
Questions? Email: CYS@communityrowing.org
CRI is proud to offer 3 phases of our Competitive Youth Summer programming. Foundation Building is a non-competitive skill development based program open to all aspiring competitive athletes. The Summer Nationals Development is an application-only program that trains through and races at the Club National Championships in Ohio July 10 - July 16. Athletes are also welcome to apply and be selected for the Henley Performance Squad, a smaller training group that will train through and race at the Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in Ontario, Canada August 7 - August 13. Long Term Development is our goal!
Click on the program names to learn more!
Foundation Building (May 30th- June 15th)
-For those not attending Youth Nationals. Program is designed to develop athlete fundamentals.
Nationals Development Team (June 15th- July 20th)
-Train at CRI and compete at the Club National Championships
Henley Performance Squad (July 20th- August 7th)
-Select athletes only will train and compete at Canadian Henley Regatta. Selection will be based on performance from the Nationals Development Team.
- Housing Offered at Boston College
- SAT Prep Class Offered by Princeton Review
- State of the Art Equipment
- Functional Movement Screening
- Movement Training Specialist
- Small Boat Training
- Participants of the 2015 and 2016 summer programs have gone on to row for major programs such as: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania, Syracuse, University of Washington, and University of California at Berkley.
All participants are required to have a valid swim test on file (download the Swim Test Form if needed).