The Patriot Ledger
OPEN NOW - Spring & Summer Youth Rec. Programs in West Newton!
Reduce your child's screen time by getting them out on the Charles River in Community Rowing's Youth Learn to Row, Middle School Learn to Row (sculling), Junior Learn to Row (sculling) or Parent/Child Learn to Row (sculling) programs! And no need to wait until summer -- we also offer spring programs during weeknights and weekends in April, May and June.
Our youth programs offer:
- A fun and safe environment
- A way to make new friends
- An opportunity to learn the value of teamwork
- A unique way to experience the Charles River
- An environment where they can build life-empowering skills
We offer programs that teach kids to learn to row (sculling) at the Stoller Boathouse in Newton.
Our spring and summer programs include:
- Junior Learn to Row - Spring (sculling) Co-ed, ages 9+. Programs run weeknights and Saturday mornings and start April 21.
- Junior Learn to Row - Summer (sculling) Co-ed, ages 9+. Programs run weekdays and weekends and start June 18.
- Middle School Learn to Row (sculling) Co-ed, ages 10-12. Programs run Sunday mornings and start May 27.
- Junior Competitive Sculling (sculling) Co-ed, ages 13 - 14. Programs run weeknights and Saturday morning and start on April 2.
- Junior Competitive Development (sculling) Co-ed, ages 13 - 18. Programs run weeknights Monday - Friday and start on June 11.
- Youth Sculling - Summer (sculling) Co-ed, ages 9-12. Programs run weeknights and start June 11.
- Adult Sculling - Summer (sculling) Co-ed. Programs run Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday mornings and start June 5.
- Parent/Child Learn to Row (sculling) Ages 9+. Parent/child learn together in the same boat. Programs are on Saturdays and start on April 28.
Want to learn more about our West Newton programs? Fill out this form to receive more information!
About CRI Stoller - West Newton
Set on the tranquil Upper Charles River, the Stoller Boathouse is part of the Lasell College Campus.
A unique partnership between Lasell College and Community Rowing that provides long term accommodation to Brandeis University and Nobles and Greenhough School has developed a program to give the communities surrounding the boathouse -- Wayland, Weston, West Newton, and more -- the chance to row and to become part of the CRI Community.
With a new fleet of boats provided by Lasell College, Community Rowing has established spring and summer programs for ages 9 - 90 and of all abilities, with a focus on Middle School Sculling. Community Rowing manages the boathouse and program activities around the existing users from Lasell, Brandeis and Nobles and Greenough.
The agreement with Lasell College is the result of many months of work from the leadership teams of all of the institutions involved and will help both organizations to maximize their reach into the local communities surrounding the boathouse and to deliver safe, fun and exciting programs to wide range of people.
Stoller Boathouse Address: Charles Street, Auburndale, MA 02466
If you know the Harry Parker Boathouse in Brighton, it is only 15-20 minutes from there – see below for directions.
- (Coming from Community Rowing in Boston) Continue on I-90 W to Weston. Take exit 15 for Interstate 95/MA-128 toward Waltham.
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 N/N.H. - Maine/State Route 128 N.
- Keep right to continue on Exit 24, follow signs for Newton and merge onto Commonwealth Avenue/South Ave.
- Merge onto Commonwealth Avenue/South Ave.
- Turn right onto Auburn Street.
- Turn right onto Charles Street and follow to the end of the road. The boathouse (small cream colored building) will be straight ahead. The path to the water is to the left of the building. Parking is available in the lot on the left as you arrive at the boathouse but it is preferred if you could park on the strip up against the large boat house doors. As close to the boat house as possible. Please do not park where no parking signs are posted. There are several lots nearby, please email Kane, email@example.com for more details. The boat house is in a residential area with minimal parking, please respect our neighbors when arriving and leaving.
For More Information:
Please email Kane Larin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about rowing at CRI Newton.